CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Random thoughts and musings of a single Mom striving to follow dreams and find pure BLISS.


Week's End

So, last night I had a whole lot to say, but I'm afraid I can't remember a single thing in this morning's light. Light, which is absolutely beautiful, btw. I know this because I went to WalMart this morning at an unGodly 8AM to get milk, T's lunch things,a nd honey buns. Now, I won't be wining any Mother of the Year awards by feeding my kids honey buns for breakfast, but they love them SO much and I'm in NO WAY tempted to eat them myself. It was MJ that got them hooked. I have always despised them. Yuk!


The other piece of random on my brain is about Life Coaching. I'm not sure how many of you guys know this, but last year (around this time actually) I was given the opportunity to have a life coach through my wonderful mentor/friend/former teacher, Sharon Ladner. She had just become certified and offered to be my coach. (That reminds me, I still owe her money. Please let me pay you, Sharon!!) Anyway...I found all of the materials we poured over last year not too long ago and reassessed myself. All I can say is, it's amazing what a year does to a soul.
Last year my "word" was Independent; I was determined to do everything alone no matter the consequences. All I cared about was my single minded quest for establishing a new life for me and the kids. now, I'm not saying I do not care about that now, but now I realize there are always consequences and I do not care to pay some of them. My new word (or phrase actually) is "Quality in all things which I am involved". To me this means that I want to establish quality in all my relationships (personal, professional, parental, familial), in my parenting, in my work, and within myself.  I'm proud of my new goal and I will be really working towards achieving it. I wonder what my word will be next year?


That being said...I've actually been thinking about becoming a Life Coach. It hit me the other day in class, as I was listening to and talking to a student, that I was actually doing for her what Sharon had done for me: listening and offering directions while letting her decide her own direction. It was like my favorite part of teaching, the talking and listening, without grading all those papers. The only issue at this point is the cost of all the reputable and accredited programs; however, if that is what I'm meant to do then a way will be provided, right? Yeah, that's what I think too.

On a personal note, I was unable to visit LC this weekend, but we kept in touch. He was sad to not see me, but understood that with Pop out of town I couldn't slip away for a visit, even a brief one.

I must, at this point make several confessions...
  1. I really, really, enjoy getting "Good morning" texts each morning.
  2. Likewise I really, really enjoy the "Good night" texts at night.
  3. I am a bit nervous that I enjoy them so much, but I refuse to freak out about it.
I am determined to sit back, relax, and let the Universe take me where it wants me to go. Fearless.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, Comments, Concerns, Thoughts?